Nintendo Switch wants to be the console with the most competitive catalog of the Great N, and if this summer will see reinforced with the launch of ‘Splatoon 2’, ‘Pokken Tournament DX’ or a recently released ‘ARMS’, neither Forget to tune the game with which his superstar debuted last April.
‘Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’ gets updated to version 1.2 and that means that we can dress our Mii runner with a new suit inspired by the adventures of Captain Olimar in ‘Pikmin’, but also the arrival of a series of adjustments that Will positively affect the online experience.
At the outset, the most interesting thing is that the online games are adjusting the balance, offering better power-ups with more frequency to the runners who go in the worst positions, avoiding the abuses of the piranha plants, limiting their use to two simultaneously Or reasonable adjustments in the item boxes.
Now, the pace of the games has also been adjusted: now online races will end half a minute after the first racer steps on the finish line – which is quite grateful regardless of where you stand – and are being given more amenities During character selection and loading screens.
Below you can see the complete list of changes.
- Players can use the amikibo of the Pikmin series to unlock a Pikmin racing suit for the Mii driver.
- The race rules and circuit name are now displayed during load screens in both online and wireless games, as well as in the Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are in the last places in the online games will receive items that will help them win positions more frequently.
- In online games, there will be no more than two Piranha Plants at the same time.
- We can continue to use the controls when the timer runs out of time during the choice of our Mii racing suit during online games.
- When a player uses an item right after the superbocina in online games, that item will still be available to other players.
- Item roulette no longer rotates continuously in online games.
- Online games will now end as expected: 30 seconds after the first runner finishes the race.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot as long as the player catches it.
- The items shown in the power-ups boxes are now correctly displayed when a runner holds one of the items behind.
- It is no longer possible to use an item just after it has been used to block an attack.
- The frequency of communication errors during watching mode or watching online matches has been reduced.
Super Mario Kart ‘is one of the best cards in Switch’s catalog, and it’s a great experience, online and offline, very complete and polished, more modes and corridors than ever and some fun circuits for all tastes. A formula of success that has resulted in excellent sales and it is not surprising that Nintendo is interested to recover several games of its previous dessert.